The beginning, starting off with the butterfly story enhances the introduction of the comic. Without it, I feel like it wouldn’t capture the audience in the story. I want to see how it relates to the overarching story. I find the characters and style really captivating, gives that gruesome western feel. However, some of the panels do get confusing on what is happening at the moment. Whether we are going back in time or forward. But I enjoy the placement and experimentation of certain areas. Executed pretty well. Another issue I have is that the artist doesn’t experiment enough on conveying a story without words or noises. Really dive into the emotion of the character just by objects and camera angles.

This is kind of interesting but how I connected with these characters is based on video games I have played. For example Red Dead Redemption and Last of Us. They had similar character traits in the old man, both grumpy and searching for something. As well as the kid who is tagged along with the man, but she has something unique about her that the audience doesn’t understand yet. It’s a normal duo character trope.

I would see this more on tv shows. I feel like some of the changes I would really dive into, the idea of the angry man. I don’t feel like we get the relationship between the two characters enough. Their interaction is minimal and not forceful. As well they need to play up the idea of the time period and the constraints it holds on both of them. Then break the broken man into showing that he isn’t so cold and insane for a reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog